Top Social

paper goodies and family life

Hip Kit Club Love You

|
Do you ever make a page and then look at it once it's all completed, and think, "why did I do that?" That's what happened with this layout... Overall it's totally fine!  But when I look at the details I wish I had showed some restraint.

My biggest problem seems to be gesso; when I start laying it on the page I end up using entirely too much and have way too big of a gesso area.


I should have held back and used the gesso only on the top 1/3 of the page, or not at all.  I was worried the Dazzlerz wouldn't show up enough on the navy background.  Hello?  Bright pink Dazzlerz will always show up against navy.  So to scale back the white gesso I added some Shimmerz paints which did not show up like I wanted.  Ugh.  Live and learn, right?



What I do love is the partially heat embossed veneer items.  I used Versamark and Ranger Super Fine Gold embossing powder to get that look, adding tangled thread for additional gold and texture on the page.  I also adore the exclusive Hip Kit Club stencil!  I flicked some Navy Color Shine and Gold Color Shine to finish the page.

Thanks for stopping by today!


Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9