Top Social

paper goodies and family life

Gossamer Blue At Home

|
I am just starting to dabble in mixed media.  It's a brand new medium to me and one I am so excited for.  I used some gesso and Kuretake Gansai Tambi watercolors on this layout for Gossamer Blue featuring the September kits.
Aren't the chipboard birdies the most fun?

I liked the calendar page from Elle's Studio, but going down the left side of the paper were the words Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner.  That didn't jive with my layout about a typical evening at home, so that's when I decided to add the gesso with watercolor on top.
I used my heat gun to dry the gesso after I applied it with a palette knife, then dabbed watercolor over that, drying it a few times along the way.  I love the softness that watercolor brings to scrapbook pages.
The items for this page came from the Main Kit, Main Kit Add-on and Add-on #2.  September kits really flew off the shelves this month, so unfortunately those kits are sold out.  Go HERE to check out the September Life Pages kits, they are just as good as the scrapbook kits and several are still available.

Have a safe and happy Labor Day Weekend my U.S. friends :)
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9