Top Social

paper goodies and family life

October Rewind

|
I knew as soon as I opened the October kits that the Gossamer Blue exclusives were going to be the key to this month's Rewind. I immediately went to my August kits to pull some of the dreamy papers; I knew I wanted girly colors for the layout, as pink is my daughter's color of choice (well, for now anyways!). I decided to use August papers (Main Kit and Main Add-on) and October embellishments (Main Kit, Main Add-on and Main Add-on #2, Life Pages and Life Pages Main Add-on).



I used the lovely pink paper as my background and decided to mat my photo with the alphabet pattern and word pattern papers, which determined my color scheme for this Rewind. The vellum piece brings in more of the blue, and I love adding black on my layouts so I had to use the Live-Laugh-Love card.



The little squares were from a scrap I had leftover from the August kits, the colors worked with the layout and I thought that placing them on the paper in these positions helped create movement across the page from the top left to bottom right.


Next comes the October exclusives! Wood veneer is a favorite embellishment because it goes with everything, you can leave it as is or paint/ink/glitter/emboss, and it's just dang cute! I created a visual triangle with the veneer pieces; if you're ever in doubt the visual triangle is the easiest way to add embellishments. I also added some Teresa Collins tags from the October kits to add a bit more black on my layout.


The last few pieces were more Gossamer Blue exclusives from the Life Pages kit; these fun colored shapes were just what I needed to add a bit more color and pop, and the colors went great with the August kit papers.


I would love to see your kit Rewind's....play along and post in the Gossamer Blue Gallery.


Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9